Friday 15 October 2010

My first blogg - UK

Hi everyone

My name is Pauline and I am based in the UK.  Like many other bloggers, I have, with interest, followed some of the projects etc that people are working on and thought I would start my own blogg.


I have been sewing since I was a child - my mother used to sew professionally and when she was alive I could always go to her and ask for help to do something.  Since her death 13 years ago I haven't had that luxury so have to resort to books and now utube which is wonderful because you can find video clips on just about anything there.

I love to sew, sometimes I just follow a pattern, and other times I like to make adjustments to make it more unique.  Many years ago I would run up a dress for perhaps an annual Christmas party, and would always ensure that I NEVER wore the same dress to an event twice.  I guess that is the luxury of sewing.

At the end of this month I am going to a 2-day tailoring workshop – which I am also very excited about.  While I consider myself a competent sewer, there are still many things, tips, techniques that I feel I could learn to give my clothes a totally professional finish.  Recently I have been trying to learn more of the techniques to get the pattern to fit perfectly.  While in the past I could buy a pattern, select a size and it all fitted, time and age now insists that I modify the pattern with a FBA, increase on the hips etc etc – I am trying very hard to not just cut into that fabric without pinning the pattern together and trying it on and making the adjustments first.

I hope I will get some interested folk who would like follow me in my sewing journey, and I look forward to hearing from any fellow bloggers with tips, patterns I am working on, and any techniques that I have learnt to pass on.

Bye for now

Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment