Saturday 18 December 2010

Memory cushions for friends and babies



 So when my friend Maxine had her beautiful little baby girl she decided to call her poppy.  I wanted to give her a gift that she would be able to keep that would be unique so I decided on an embroidered cushion.  As readers of this blog know I have the Janome 350E embroidery machine and I created this little pillow using the digitizer pro software by importing an image of a poppy and then typing in the the words.
For my friend Vivien in Dubai, it was her 40th birthday and she collects teddybears so I decided to incorporate the two into a cushion for her - plus it wasn't too heavy for the airmail postage.

I love any art and craft projects, and card making is another hobby so I matched the teddy into a card for her too.




 

And here is the project I finished today one for Maxine's friend who also had a baby.  Maxine said that she was so delighted with my gift she asked if I wouldn't mind making a litte one for her friend who had a little boy on the 7th August and they named him Leo.

You may find it amusing to know that I popped on my ugg boots to walk across the road to deliver the cushion - as soon as I stepped onto the road I slipped and fell onto my upper thigh on the ice ---- I now have a very sore leg sob sob.

Oh Well, need to get on to the next project - is it going to be Christmas Stockings or bags for Mike's sisters and mum?????  Watch out for my next posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment