Sunday 6 February 2011

Patlmer Pletch Trouser Pattern and McCalls 5481.


I have been quite busy and managed to finish my trousers today and cut out my jacket in the same fashion fabric

This was one the pieces of fabric I purchased last Saturday from Walthamstow market 4 metres for £4 and they have turned out really well and fit lovely (will post a picture wearing them when I finish the jacket.

I used the Palmer Pletch classic trouser pattern which I altered to fit my bodyshap.  Because they were just plain, I saw some pocket flaps on a pair of pants/trousers in a shop recently and copied the belt tabs and the pockets and transferred them to my pants.

The buttons came out of my stash - these must be over 20 years old.



 Close- up of the belt tabs and the pocket.


Now that I have made this pair and they fit nice, I will make some more, but use different pockets, perhaps a single welt pocket at the front, different belt loops/tabs creating different looks but retaining the alterations I made for the trousers - (this will be my master pattern now).


 Here I inserted a double welt pocket and topstitched top and bottom.  For my next pair I want to try out a single welt pocket for the back and some vertical welt pockets for side pockets, perhaps even some with zips.
You may recall that my sister bought me some silk  in Vietnam and I think I will use this green and blue mix. to line the jacket.  Recently I saw a lady wearing a suit where she had lined the jacket in the same fabric as her blouse – I think I will do the same. 

For the Jacket I am using McCalls 5481.  I think that the blouse would need to be rather simple in design, so if I wanted long-sleeved then it would need to have a v.neck opening.
I am off travelling for work on Monday for two weeks, so I need to try and get as much done as possible tomorrow so better have an early start if I want to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment