Tuesday 15 March 2011

Sandra Betzina close fitting pullover top - Vogue 2980.

I had the urge to make up something quick, easy to pack, and something I could take to Scotland with me on Friday as I am spending the weekend with my sisters (3) to celebrate her 60th birthday.  So here it is:-




Completely  made on the serger, other than a little difficulty in getting the cover stitch to work properly (I always have problems when I thread the machine for the cover stitch), and finding that I had missed one of the layers when sewing the 2nd sleeve in which meant unpicking a serged seam - yuck (less haste more speed as they say) but in the end it was done.




To ring the changes, I made an infinity scarf which can be added to the top to give a different look or worn on its own over a sweater.

To pick up the brown in the design, I have cut out a knitted cardigan design and I am facing it with the same fabric as the top to coordinate them together. 

Now I would be sitting upstairs sewing my matching cardigan, however MD Mike's meeting was cancelled and he came home!!















4 comments:

  1. What a lovely set! The print is very classy looking.
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. It's so nice to hear from a fellow sewer from Britain. What a small world it has become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it. Love the fabric, love the style and love the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana

    Certainly is a small world - love your blog very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought to make a matching infinity scarf to wear with a T-shirt, but it really is a clever idea. It changes the look of the T shirt, and is really soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete