Monday 26 September 2011

More panties using Kwik Sew 3881

Having successfully made some panties a few months back I wanted to make some more to leave at the flat in London.


I made 3 different types black cotton with lace inserts and black and white ribbon which I also used to tie my own bow.  For these panties I took the front piece and cut one in black cotton jersey and one in a nice lace I had.  I then laid both front pieces on on top of the other and cut from the leg edge to the waist edge and swapped the piece over so the black cotton has lace sides and the lace front has black cotton side.

Using the same technique above I made two pairs with some left-over brown and blue lace. I removed the blue bow seen here and replace it with a nice little white rosebud with a little pearl in the middle - looks much better.

And some broderie anglaise but for these I used the wave function on my Babylock serger with a pink woolly thread in the lower looper.




Here you can see a close up of the wave stitch and 

the pretty pink bow.

These are such a quick satisfying project to make, and I have to say the most comfortable panties to wear.  I prefer nice cotton pants and these fit the bill exactly - the little bit of lace in the front is not irritating as it most likely would be if I had the lace all over.






I have two little repairs projects to do - replacing broken zips on my last day off tomorrow and then I can perhaps cut out another quick project before I take my bike on the train off to London.

More later..........................


No comments:

Post a Comment