Saturday 17 September 2011

Reading some blogs and other stuff in Kuala Lumpur

This morning, after a 12 hour flight, I arrived in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.  I left London Heathrow at 12 noon yesterday and arrived here at the hotel at 09:00 Saturday morning.


I spent a lot of the flight time dealing with a backlog of work e.mails, that of course wouldn't go until I was on-line again, and worked a little on a Power Point presentation that I still need to finish (more work for Sunday).


KL are 7 hours ahead of the UK so by the time I got on the flight it was already 19:00 hrs there, and if I was going to get any sleep I had to watch my time carefully.  Sadly I didn't get too much sleep on the flight - I eventually tried to sleep about midnight KL time and woke several times before the flight attendant woke me at 04:45am to serve breakfast.  No you are correct - I didn't really want breakfast at that time :-(


By the time I arrived at the hotel at 9:00am I just threw my bags into the corner and slept for 2.5 hours to try and prepare myself to interview someone later in the day.


I feel a little frustrated that I have been so busy with either work, the flat in London or the time I have spent clearing up my sewing room at the cottage, that I have had no time to look at either the PR or Stitcher's Guild sites, let alone some of the blogs I follow.  so when I took the time to look this evening I can see how far behind I am with all the threads that have been posted and I know that its impossible to catch up and read everything to make comments on some of the wonderful creations.  Of course my other frustration is the lack of sewing lately.


Tomorrow I have a free day and really want to find some fabric or notions somewhere.  I was fine with the idea of wandering around on my own until I was waiting for the elevator to come back to my room where a lady was holding a bag of ice to her head because some guys had tried to mug her and knocked her to the floor and even dragged her along the floor.  I hope that this doesn't put me off so I may start with the shopping mall opposite the hotel.


Here is a photograph of the Petronas Twin Towers which are about 5 minutes walk from here. This is my 2nd trip here and I have visited the Towers before, so other than work, my agenda is focused fabric shopping - so wish me luck.


More later............................





No comments:

Post a Comment