Thursday 9 February 2012

I found my mojo -Jalie 2921

Well I am not sure where I found it, but I did, I wandered up the stairs to my sewing room, and thought I need a quick fix.  Something that I can run up in a couple of hours - start to finish and out jumped my good old TNT Jalie pattern 2921 together with my mojo.  I won't repeat how to do the collar as the link to my original post describes how this is done - but its really clever and gives as neat a finish on the inside as it is on the outside.

This was some lovely delicate lemon cable knit which I thought would look great with my Navy or my black trousers, it also looks nice with green and brown too, so very versatile, so I decided this was the fabric to use.

This was another way of tying the scarf  using the black buckle which was in my stash, and gives another look.

On this top I raised the neck edge because the other two tops I made were just a little bit too low and by raising the neck by 1.5" has made this more comfortable and provides more modesty.

I may wear a camisole top under this, because its not a particularly thick knit, but when I tried it on, it wasn't as see-through as it looks in the photograph, but I guess better to be safe than embarrassed.

So just to give some of the stats:-

Fabric: Walthamstow market £1.50 per metre giving a total cost of approximately £2.50.

Pattern: Jalie 2921

Alterations to pattern: raise neck line by 1.5"

Time to make: 2 hours

Equipment used: Babylock serger/overlocker
                           Bernina sewing machine  
                           Sewing needle and thread to close small scarf collar opening.

I can go to bed satisfied I completed something.

Catch you later.................

9 comments:

  1. Glad the fabric and your mojo jumped out at you. That is one fabulous top to wear in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty knit. One of these days I have to give this pattern a try as so many people seem to love it. Your versions are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so nice in the unique fabric you chose. And I'm glad to know about the low-ish neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice top. Your fabric looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great top - must check out this pattern - I don't have any Jalies and as spring is just around the corner, some Ts are in order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your lovely comments - its great when you get a good result in such a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really lovely top. I would never of thought of a more sweater style knit but it looks fantastic . You have inspired me to make another.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and I love the buckle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your version has reignited my interest to make this pattern. Love the color and texture.

    ReplyDelete