Sunday 5 February 2012

Scarf that you can knit in an evening

Yesterday when we were at the show, I picked up one ball of wool that looks like netting and a pair of needles to make a scarf.  £5.99 for the whole thing and look here at what I made.


Its really weird that by doing a simple garter stitch into the edge of the netted wool that it creates this funky pattern.

I am definitely going to look for some more wool, perhaps in my local shop to make another one in a different colour.

Still haven't wandered upstairs to finish my Issey tunic - my cold is getting the better of me and I am struggling to get off the sofa, still at least I was productive.

Catch you later........................

4 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, very artsy. Wish I could knit but never could pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf was featured on something and I saw a YouTube video (I think) on it. Love how it looks. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have worked that type of ribbon yarn and made a scarf but I found it so maddening to work with because it kept twisting while I was trying to knit it. See it on my blog if you like...Any tips?
    http://www.loredana61.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-day-2011.html
    Loredana
    www.loredana61.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loredana, I can understand what you are saying because you do more or less have to open it out as you knit, but I was just watching Sunday night TV and it wasn't too much of a chore, and I like the scarf enough to want to buy some more wool and knit another or two in different colours.

    ReplyDelete