I am delighted that I have lost some weight so I had to adjust my TNT trousers/pants pattern to make two new pairs of trousers/pants, one in black and one in beige and feel that they are not so baggy looking on me now. I used some of the spare skull and cross bone fabric for the inside of the waistband of the black pair, and the apple fabric for the inside of the beige pair, just to add a quirky touch.
I had seen a striped blouse in the Madeleine collections (see below) and fell in love with the look. Sadly my fabric doesn't have the orange running through it, but that is fine because I have red, jade green, black and blue shoes that would look great with this.
I didn't really follow the pattern too much, because I wanted to incorporate some of my shirt making techniques into this blouse. I sewed this with flat felled seams (except for the sleeve which required some gathers). I added the same placket to the sleeve as used for Mike's shirts too.
This fabric is rather like a charmeuse, a dream to wear, but slipped and slided all over the place.
I didn't put any interfacing in on the front bands (I never interfaced the shirt front bands either) because when I inspected a good quality RTW shirt it wasn't there. I also didn't want a stiffness to the front as this is a lovely "soft" shirt.
Excuse the headless photo - I hadn't jumped in the shower when this was taken by my son (the builder) who was working on my porch.
I am flying out to The Netherlands later today and after I have done all the boring work stuff I am delighted to be meeting up with Sigrid and will spend the weekend with her, meeting some of her friends and doing fun stuff...... cant wait.
Catch you later.............