Saturday 9 June 2012

No 6/10 and only 4 to go

I am pleased to present shirt No. 6/10.

This is a completely different fabric from the other shirts,  its a crepe and doesn't have the crispness of the shirting cotton, but the fabric is lovely and more important Mike loves it.  Its modelled here with the Hermes tie I purchased for Mike in a charity shop for an unbelievable price.

I tried a different method for attaching the collar to the shirt this time using a useful tip provided by
Margyh who sews some wonderful garments.  Click the link for the full details, but in short, the Collar band is partially sewn first leaving the bottom edge open and a gap in the top edge to pull the shirt neck edge through.  Once these are sewn together the upper collar is pushed through the opening and then sewn.  I quite like this method (thanks Margyh) and now want to try it again using cotton shirting again.


So here we have it, only 4 shirts to go - its getting exciting for me, Mike says terrifying for him (have no idea why).

Catch you later...................


3 comments:

  1. I'm getting more excited about your reward than the shirts now. Love the tie, BTW just spent £XXX for a new one for DH's birthday in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, I know exactly how much they are so you can imagine how excited I was when I found this tie. I hope your DH love's his tie. Yes I am getting very excited now - I have already phoned the shop in Bond Street to check they keep them in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another terrific shirt. Can hardly wait to see the next four shirts and the grand prize -- your purse.

    ReplyDelete