Saturday 25 August 2012

McCalls 6116 progress

Well there is good news and there is bad news.

I had the day to myself today and other than half an hour's weeding of the front drive way, I more or less sewed until my D Mike came home.

I had cut out a 2nd pair of linen pants and made them up more or less identical to the first pair, other than the fact I put a small embroidered design on one of the back pockets.  Some of you will appreciate what I say when I decided to use up the remainder of the coral linen while both the serger and the sewing machine were threaded with coral thread.  I made up McCalls 6116 some time ago (not reviewed) and thought I would have enough of the coral fabric to cut the dress view A (green) but sadly I was a fraction too short of fabric to cut a dress so I decided to shorten the whole thing and make a sleeveless blouse from it.


As you can see I have made good progress despite topstitching every seam or edge.  My D Mike picked up the Prym snaps that I wanted (good news) bad news is that he picked me up a refill pack which doesn't include the plastic tools that hold the back and front parts on the tool while you squeeze the pliers together.  Of course tomorrow being Sunday the local haberdashery shop will not be open, nor Monday which is a Bank Holiday *!@*****.

As you can see I managed to get the top part of the snap on the pocket, but I just couldn't do the 2nd one that sits underneath.  I have ordered some packs from ebay but I doubt they will arrive before the end of next week so other than finishing the last remaining hems I will have to wait - ho hum.  I love the look of these snaps, and have ordered a variety because I want to make some twin-sets and use these instead of buttons.

Tomorrow is designated as another sewing day so I'll finish these last bits and get ready for my next project.

Hope you have had a good weekend.  Catch you later..........................

9 comments:

  1. Nothing like the luxury of sewing all day with no interruptions! Love that coral color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. That IS a stunning color. Hope you get your snap parts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that blouse is going to be wonderful. Love the color and the snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blouse is to die for. Lovely colour and the snaps add a couture look. Hope you can get it finished soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really cute. I mean seriosly cute! I might have to out and find that pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That colour is wonderful, think I already remarked that earlier. What an omission to not have shown you the working of the pliers. It is such a good too, which I used on my jeans rivets this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super top and great colour. The snap finish really moves this into 'professional' , although all your work is already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pattern made a great blouse. I love the neckline/collar combo and the color of the linen. It looks great with the cami and matching pants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! Love this Pauline. The colour is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete