Sunday 5 August 2012

Pretty in pink

Hi everyone

Well today we have seen sunshine and we have seen torrential rain all within 10 minutes - crazy crazy weather.  This is my decking this afternoon.



This morning I took my DGD to a play park with her dad, and I found myself being dragged into the ball pit, and up and down slides, but we had lots of fun.

My sewing didn't get under way until around 3pm today and I wanted to run up another bra and pantie set.


A few weeks back I purchased some embroidered organza and thought it might be good for making a sweet bra set.  Sadly all my stash items that Sigrid kindly picked up for me are sitting in my office in The Hague, and I will not be able to get them until the end of the month.  Still undeterred, I thought I would see what I could up-cycle or find out of my stash.

I used white for the bra straps and the back power net, but I only had off-white net that I could line the under-cup with which in the photo looks worse than in reality.  I had purchased some picot elastic from ebay, which worked ok, but it certainly doesn't have the firm feel that you get from proper lingerie elastic (this was for baby-wear I think).

The pink ribbon came out of my card-making stash and the back fastener came from a white bra that was too small in the cup for me so I unpicked the back fastening.

I know some of you are thinking "why didn't you wait until the end of the month when you pick up your stash from The Hague"?  Well I am not very patient, and it keeps my hand in the construction process of the bra.

Last but not least, you remember my navy and white striped cardigan I made back in June, well I was having trouble threading my Babylock serger in its "cover-stitch" mode.  I was able to attend a training session and I asked the lady who sold me the serger to check the machine was working right, because I just wasn't winning with the cover stitch.  I am embarrassed to say it was all due to operator error.  Tonight I unpicked the hems on the cardigan and re-stitched them again, this time with the stitches sitting as they should.

Well I am going to nurse my cold by having an early night.  We are off to the olympics tomorrow to watch the show jumping, and again on Thursday for the dressage to music.  Oh, more important I am getting my handbag on Tuesday and then taking it for a nice lunch somewhere to show it off (I am so excited).

Hope you had  great weekend.  Catch you later..........



4 comments:

  1. Very nice bra and panties. I am stalled due to the hot weather that is leaving me tired and cranky.

    The video isn't working it said an error occured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, I have have deleted the old video and inserted a new one which should work. I think our summer has forgotten to arrive here this year.

      Delete
  2. Just gorgeous! Well worth not having any patience to 'wait' for this little set. Enjoy the Olympics - lucky thing! Will look out for you when it is televised Down Under....
    *video is working - that weather looks dreadful!

    ReplyDelete