Saturday 9 February 2013

Full of cold

Monday morning I woke up with a throat like razor blades and now that has morphed itself into a full blown cold which has resulted now in a loss of voice (Mike said Christmas has come early) and dare I say it, so much gunk on my chest I feel like I am suffocating.

I am so annoyed because my time at the weekends are precious and after Sunday I will not be sewing for a couple of weekends because I am off to Houston for a week.

I want to do some sewing, and now I have to adjust my plans to my ability to sit and concentrate for shorter periods of time, and I am still trying to decide what to make - oh and I did I mention we are babysitting too lol (I just hope I don't pass it on to her).

I have seen a few items in my Burda magazines that I rather fancy, so I might select some pieces that are not too challenging for a fuddled brain that is only running 50% and see how I get on.

Hope your plans for the weekend sewing are not getting scuppered like mine.

Catch you all later hopefully with the results of my sewing..................




6 comments:

  1. Just an FYI - my DH's sore throat, then developing cough turned into full-blown, serious case of pneumonia, so if you become short of breath, get to a doctor and don't let them put you off (which is what initially happened to my DH). Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better soon. Do watch that cold as it could be the flu also. We both got the cold and suffered for a few days with it. It is not a nice thing to have. Drink plenty of fluids; mine is hot water steeped with lemon juice, junks of ginger, and honey.

    Hope you have a nice weekend and are feeling better by Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you are sick.. Sending prayers you are better soon.. take care..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. Sleep instead of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you're sick, Pauline...take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete