Wednesday 17 July 2013

Normal service will resume as soon as possible



Thank you for all your comments on my last post, and the various house selling tips - I have the book now Bunny, and Carole I am following the advice.

Since Sunday I have painted an external fence and gates, taken down all my personal photographs, removed some bricks that where stacked in front of the house, moved some very heavy concrete pots and planted them out with fresh plants, along with my wall tubs, sprayed the weeds in my driveway and given my kitchen cupboards a quick coat of paint.

Next list of jobs:

  • Power-wash my decking
  • Paint my kitchen table and chairs
  • touch up some marks on the radiator in the bathroom
  • clean the windows inside and out
  • clean all the windowsills inside and out.
  • lastly tackle my sewing room.
We have a party on saturday evening, so I would like to make a quick summer dress to wear to that (time permitting).

I have my little sleeveless blouse on my dress-form half made, but I think other than finishing that off, and my party dress, I need to just concentrate on packing up my house, because its important to get the house ready for selling and be ready to go at short notice if necessary.

I have already had one viewing, and an offer, but despite two different estate agents giving me the same figure that I should sell at, they tried to knock me by £40k, far too much.  This was an ex girlfriend of my middle son, who knew we were buying the other house, so I think she was taking advantage.  I said I would test the market first.  I have another lady who wants to view, possibly today.

That said, I apologise in advance to those of you who only tune in for sewing projects, and promise that normal service will resume as soon as possible.

I promise to post up any sewing projects that I do as soon as possible, and will try my best to check out all the blogs I follow too, when I have five minutes to spare.

Thanks for all your support, you guys are the best......

8 comments:

  1. Yes, hearing about sewing projects is lovely, but what I enjoy the most is hearing from a friend. Although I can't be there in person, I am there in spirit and wishing you all the best through this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Rhonda. As always, I'm wishing you the best on this new adventure and hope all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have accomplished a lot in a little time. Wishing you all the best in the selling of your house. And I do like hearing from you, whether or not it has any sewing content.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here, I love to hear from you whether it's sewing or not. Hope you sell soon, you certainly have done a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds as thought you're in for a very busy time. I always wonder - why is it that we manage to live with and ignore all sorts of home imperfections, but the minute the house has to go for sale - mayhem. Every little scratch needs to be erased. As if the people looking live in perfect homes! Anyway - I wish you a speedy house sale, so that you can get on with life and other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Irene, people are not buying a house. They are buying an emotion. They are buying a dream, and a dream has to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are a whirlwind! Good luck and once you have done everything you can, trust that the right buyer will come along. My DH and I bought our current home because I fell in love with a bathroom window which opened inward on hinges and looked out on a gorgeous view. We saw the neglected yard, and the pink paint inside, and the scuffed floors. But the little window overshadowed all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone always say that I do way too much, but I don't handle a candle to what all you accomplish in such a short period of time. WOW. I, too, love your sewing posts, but wish you the best of luck in selling your house, and look forward to your next sewing project.

    ReplyDelete